- Metals are not modified by radiation sterilisation because all the energy is dissipated, without risk of activation
(Ref. : Manual on Radiation Sterilization of Medical and Biological Materials, Technical Reports series n°149, p.182, IAEA, Vienna, 1973).
- Metals can not adsorb ethylene oxide.
- Glass stains with radiation at a low dose (a few kilograms).
- Glass can not adsorb ethylene oxide.
- Compatibility related to absorption (attention to the level of porosity)
- Compatibility related to process conditions
For radiation sterilisation, knowing that a material is generally formulated (risk related to extractibles and new formations), it is strongly recommended to carry out preliminary tests.
For its irradiation tests, Ionisos is chartered Research Tax Credit